Saturday, May 30, 2009

Thanks Mom!

Mom left for the weekend for a ladies retreat, and I have realized several truths.

Without Mom:

1. We would die of...
    
 a. Starvation (We went to see UP on Friday, everybody ate like a piece of sourdough bread and then we left to go to the movie at 7:15. Elise didn't finish her bread and halfway through the movie complained that her "tummy hurt". Dad bought her popcorn but she didn't feel better until we got home and she ate a whole banana, even the little bit at the end you aren't supposed to.)
    
 b. High Cholesterol/Food Posioning (I'm extremely surprised we didn't go out to eat at all this weekend. We had these awful frozen chicken nugget things that tasted like cardboard but less flavorful. In all fairness to dad, mom bought them for us to eat while she was away. Then again, I don't think dad cooked any..... wait, he cooked hotdogs on the grill.)

2. There would be no guarantee that dishes were clean/ There would be no clean dishes. (No one washed the big dishes in the sink at all this week, in fact, mom is washing them right now as I type. Mom had run the dishwasher before she left, but we kids had taken out dishes for breakfast and stuff. Dad, seeing the empty spaces, assumed the dishes were dirty and put dirty dishes in, and everybody else saw the dirty dishes he had put in and did likewise. I just hope those spoons I took out were clean.)

3. There would be no clean clothes. (It didn't get bad, but nobody did laundry at all while mom was gone. I saw my brother, fresh out of the shower with nothing on but a towel around his waist heading down into the living room where he probably was hoping there would be clean undies or something.)

4. Um, the house would be chaos. (The counter was witness to this.... even before I made cookies for church. In all fairness (to me), I left it cleaner than when I found it. Really, I did.)

And I can't think of any other overexaggerations of anything that went slightly wrong. But honestly, our house would be a pit without Mom. Thanks Mom! Happy (Belated) Mothers Day (And yes, I did do something for mothers day!!!). And thanks Dad, you really weren't that bad.... especially since we got to go to the movies. 
     

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to know I am appreciated....even if it is for my manual labor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. For some reason the comment looks like it is from Ariadne herself. That comment above was from me, her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I signed in on this computer so I could download pictures. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. "In all fairness (to me), I left it cleaner than when I found it. Really, I did.)"

    Umm... no, you didn't. I wiped down the big piles of flour you left on the counter :P

    ReplyDelete